From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Joe Pluta
Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2008 3:26 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Referential Integrity Constraints may enhance performance!

rob@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Good point - not this week though.

Did see a demo on DB2 web query. It will use those RI constraints to
automatically pull related tables down together into the meta data. I've
heard that tools will do that but that's the first I've seen it (first
I've looked too).

For those looking to get new machines, DB2 Web Query really mucks up the
works. You can no longer order 5722QU1, which contains all the STRQRY
stuff. Instead, you must order 5722QU2, which includes DB2 Web Query
and the old 5722QU1 components. However, whle SWMA for QU1 is part of
i5/OS SWMA, SWMA for QU2 is separate, and while the first year is free,
if you don't order more SWMA up front, you will be charged an uplift fee
when your free SWMA runs out.

Plus, there's a host of rules about users and authors and runtimes and
the separate costing structures for each.

It's all quite confusing, actually. Any time the pricing document is 10
pages, I get scared.

Joe