Keith Carpenter wrote:
Interesting that i5/OS is now called "IBM i"

It appears to me that the name of the server and operating systems are not the real substance of the announcement, but rather that hardware is hardware, and software is software, and they're sold separately. No more tricky distinctions between p and i hardware. No more tricky CPU governors. No more tricky servers without L2 cache. Regardless of whether you choose i, AIX, or Linux, the hardware is essentially the same and essentially priced the same. Let's hope they keep it that way! Future debates between i, AIX, and Linux finally won't need to deal with differences in hardware.

It was great to hear that IBM i, is now available on Power 6 model 520, 550, and 2-core blades; geared toward the SMB market.

Nathan.