I made an email request for the ported c source code to the address on the ibm page. If i get the c code, i could create the prototypes. I found an old glib version and the docs on the net (not so easy because of the aged version). What would really benefit the rpg community would be the data types/data containers of glib so you don't have to roll your own (too late for me cause i allready written my own linked list impl downloadable on my homepage). I got a simple program working with the glist data type.

I took a look at the current version of the g_list functions for the prototypes (and hoped that they hadn't changed =)

*---------------------------------------------------------------
* Prototypen
*---------------------------------------------------------------
D g_list_append PR * extproc('g_list_append')
D list * value
D dataPtr * value
*
D g_list_prepend PR * extproc('g_list_prepend')
D list * value
D dataPtr * value
*
D g_list_length PR 10U 0 extproc('g_list_length')
D list * value
*
D g_list_free PR extproc('g_list_free')
D list * value
*
D g_list_first PR * extproc('g_list_first')
D list * value

*---------------------------------------------------------------
* Datenstrukturen
*---------------------------------------------------------------
D glist DS qualified based(tmpl_ptr)
D data *
D next *
D prev *

*---------------------------------------------------------------
* Variablen
*---------------------------------------------------------------
D listPtr S * inz(*null)
D list DS likeds(glist) based(listPtr)
D ptr S *
D var S 40A based(ptr)
D tmpPtr S *
D tmpDS DS based(tmpPtr) likeds(glist)
D tmp S 50A

/free
dsply %trimr('List length: ' + %char(g_list_length(listPtr)));

ptr = %alloc(100);
var = 'Mihael Schmidt 1';
listPtr = g_list_append(listPtr : ptr);
ptr = %alloc(100);
var = 'Mihael Schmidt 2';
listPtr = g_list_append(listPtr : ptr);
ptr = %alloc(100);
var = 'Mihael Schmidt 3';
listPtr = g_list_append(listPtr : ptr);

dsply %trimr('List length: ' + %char(g_list_length(listPtr)));

tmpPtr = g_list_first(listPtr);
tmp = %str(tmpDS.data);
dsply tmp;

g_list_free(listPtr);

*inlr = *on;
return;
/end-free

As your c skill is probably miles over mine, does the prototypes make sense? And do you know if the g_list_free function also deallocates the memory so that i don't have to call dealloc for it?

And i still don't understand when i have to use the *CWIDEN keyword with the EXTPROC keyword.

Thanx in advance.

Mihael Schmidt