From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Jeff Crosby
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2008 2:38 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: System i mail server not properly identifying itself

The System i is our mail server. We have a particular domain
(msdsc.org) we cannot email to. We get (after a good hour or so) the
following:

NOT ABLE TO DELIVER MAIL TO SOME/ALL RECIPIENTS.
REPLY CODES WITH FIRST DIGIT = '4' OR '5' ARE ERROR REPLIES.
ERRORS THAT DO NOT HAVE ERROR REPLY CODES MAY EXIST.

HOST I5 NOT ABLE TO DELIVER MAIL TO FOLLOWING RECIPIENT(S):
<xxxxx@xxxxxxxxx>
RETRIES EXHAUSTED WHILE ATTEMPTING TO CONNECT TO REMOTE HOST msdsc.

** TEXT OF MAIL FOLLOWS **