We're at A73 SP13. Started at back in 1998 SP7, went to 8, 9, and I
think we skipped one or two before winding up at SP13. We'd like to get
to SP15 or 16 to get the browser interface (JWalk) but verifying the SP
against our customizations is a long process.

JDE is stable. The fixes are generally minor. Our customizations are
by and large enhancements to reporting and not changes to the product
itself.

The database is easy to work with. The business unit security model
lets us support hundreds of clients on a single db instance without
letting client data be viewed by anyone who isn't authorized. Our main
database libraries total 234GB and grow every week.

We've enhanced the functionality by integrating web-delivered reports in
text, PDF, and HP PCL printer language. We've interfaced with many
client systems and outboard processing mechanisms for data feeds (both
directions) via various methods. JDE is nicely compatible with MIMIX &
journaling.

The architecture is old, sure, but that translates in this case to
mature, relatively feature-rich, and extendable. Not bug-free but
issues are minimal.

JDE is a pretty fast performer. Batch could use a little optimization
but interactive usage is very efficient. Sub second response time is
our norm. Month/quarter/year-end processing is a bit-flip and is
virtually instant; run your reports at your leisure afterwards. Due to
varying client requirements we actually run 5 month-ends per month. JDE
handles this easily.

We support around 1400 users, 350+ concurrent, on about 1.5 POWER5 (the
original 1.6GHz) CPUs (LPAR allocation) and a measly 12 disk arms.
That's all of the interactive, batch, report conversion, interfaces,
report web site, journaling & HA overhead, etc. That even includes
WebSphere and an instance of the old JDE OneWorld that we used for some
other reporting.

Oracle will have V6R1 support in April. The last OS-related JDE fixes
were minor and came about when IBM upped the max # of SPLFs for a job to
9999.