From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-
bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jerry Adams
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2008 10:58 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: CPF2228

The help text with the message says that the person making the change
needs Object management (*OBJMGT) and use (*USE) authority to the
profile. Belonging to the *SecAdm class does not have anything to do
with this.

If you do a DSPOBJAUT on the profile, it will tell you who has authority
in each category. In my case, only the user and QSECOFR have such
authority. (I'm pretty sure that *ALLOBJ authority would allow him/her
to make the change - but not something I would recommend.)

You might check the archives for work arounds or ways to set this up. I
know the question has come up here more than once.

* Jerry C. Adams
*IBM System i Programmer/Analyst
B&W Wholesale Distributors, Inc.* *
voice
615.995.7024
fax
615.995.1201
email
jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Barry Kwong wrote:
One of my user need to reset other user's password. His user class is
set at *secadm. He is part of a group and the Limit Capabilities is set
to no. When he tries to reset other user profile, he recieves the message
'Not authorized to change user profile.'. Any help is appreciated.
At a loss for words? Find them by playing Seekadoo! Play now!
http://g.msn.ca/ca55/208

list