Re: Are we insane? Unique use of native DB2

fixed

<snip>
However, they didn't use a separate LF on each program. I can still
remember John Sears lectures on the evil of too many LF's.
</snip>

I think John was talking about too many logicals with different access
paths. Every access path has to be maintained but if you are sharing the
access path you could have hundreds of logicals but only one index
object being maintained. All you are doing is using the AS/400 as a
database machine instead of a big file processor which it how is used
mostly.