David

The matter of index maintenance is a real one. It does take longer to update when you add another index to a PF. So it is a classic tradeoff. And if possible, they are sharing indexes to the nines. That minimizes the access path update issue.

Centerfield Technology, where Elvis B. works and I used to work, has tools & services to help analyze this index usage.

Vern