Hi,

It is probably true that other database administrators and developers have
a jaundiced view of the iSeries and think it is not capable of what they do.
That is patent nonsense, but how do they know that? Yes, some will have the
attitude that, if there is any access other than SQL, they are not in
control of things.

May be other DBAs fell being redundant on the iSeries, because the system
makes a lot of work for them.
For example they have not to care about thinks like:
- Table Spaces
- Buffers
- Automatically running statistics
- Reorganisation of indexes