On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 7:12 PM, Trevor Perry <trevor@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Booth,

Where are you being told that IBM is not selling anything?

Read some of Mark Shearer's words here:
http://blogs.systeminetwork.com/isnblogs/maxedout/

"In my first two and half years in System i, I got an awful lot of
feedback
from clients that they wanted to pay for what they use, that they wanted
us
to improve the price-to-value ratio . . . and we relaunched our entire
entry-level product line back in April -- that ultimately drove more than
25
percent volume growth last year in System i."

would it follow that there has been a 25% increase in programmers asking
questions on midrange-l? a 25% increase in system i5 employment across the
board, an equivalent increase in attendance at user's groups and COMMON
conferences?

-Steve