That's why my eyes are on the floor...

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 11:54 AM, <rob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Now, just imagine the thong was ripped off of Al Barsa...

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

"Michael Ryan" <michaelrtr@xxxxxxxxx>

03/07/2008 11:53 AM

Please respond to

"Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: Daylight Savings Time

I just gouged out my eyes with the thought of a thong being ripped off...

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 11:48 AM, Al Barsa <barsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Colin,
>
> With all due respect, this was just another thong that was ripped of by
the
> Brits from the US. Ben Franklin invented it in 1784, which according
> your link was 123 years after Franklin invented it:-)))))))))
>
> BTW, it not Daylight SavingS Time, it's Daylight Saving Time.
>
> Al
>
> Al Barsa, Jr.
> Barsa Consulting Group, LLC
>
> 400>390
>
> "i" comes before "p", "x" and "z"
> e gads
>
> Our system's had more names than Elizabeth Taylor!
>
> 914-251-1234
> 914-251-9406 fax
>
> http://www.barsaconsulting.com
> http://www.taatool.com
> http://www.systemiconnection.com/
>

> "Colin Redman"
> <colin.redman@bti
> nternet.com> To
> Sent by: "Midrange Systems Technical
> midrange-l-bounce Discussion"
> s@xxxxxxxxxxxx <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> cc
>
> 03/07/2008 11:06 Subject
> AM Re: Daylight Savings Time
>

> Please respond to
> Midrange Systems
> Technical
> Discussion
> <midrange-l@midra
> nge.com>
>

> Al,
>
> Beg to differ. Daylight Savings Time is a good old British invention -
you

> Americans are always trying to claim benefit for everything!
>
> See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving_time
>

> Colin

Time".
> It was invented by Benjamin Franklin as "Daylight Candle Saving Time".
>
> It was not adopted until 1918 to save energy during WW1, the following
year
> congress repealed it because of rural complaints. (Note that "World
War 1"
> was referred to as the "World War" in older references/encyclopedias
until
> WW2!)
>
> It was re-adopted in 1942 s "War Time", although Ohio and Michigan
opted
> out.
>
> In 1966, congress standardized the system, but Indiana, Arizona and
Hawaii
> [...]
> 03/06/2008 08:33 cc
> PM
> Subject
> RE: Daylight Savings Time
> Please respond to
> Midrange Systems
> Technical
> Discussion
> <midrange-l@midra
> nge.com>
>

> Because it practically takes an Act of Congress to IPL our machines
> outside of our scheduled downtime. Oh sure, there's a bunch of you out
> there that says if you give your users 5 minutes notice then it doesn't
> count as unscheduled down time.
>
> Rob Berendt
> --
> Group Dekko Services, LLC
> Dept 01.073
> Dock 108
> 6928N 400E
> Kendallville, IN 46755
> http://www.dekko.com
>

> "Leibowitz, Larry" <Larry.Leibowitz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Sent by: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> 03/06/2008 03:57 PM
> Please respond to
> Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> cc
>
> Subject
> RE: Daylight Savings Time
>

> >As you all know I keep somewhat current on PTFs. I scanned the PTF
> cover >letters for V5R4 for "daylight". Wouldn't you know - there are
> some ptf's >that I don't have. Cool part is that some are Delayed
> ptf's. Yee Haw!
> >http://www->912.ibm.com/a_dir/as4ptf.nsf/9939a36675eadb978625710200584c
> bd/$searchForm?S>earchView
>
> >I'll probably just say the heck with them.
>
> I'm fairly new to the PTF Apply World, why would delayed ptf's be
tossed
> aside?

> The information contained in this message is confidential and is
intended
> for the addressee(s) only. If you have received this message in error
or
> there are any problems please notify the originator immediately. The
> unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is
> strictly forbidden. CED-Concord Management will not be liable for
direct,
> special, indirect or consequential damages arising from the alteration
of
> the
> contents of this message by a third party or as a result of any virus
> being
> passed on.
>
> This footnote confirms that this email message has been swept by
> MIMEsweeper for Content Security threats, including computer viruses.
>
> www.mimesweeper.com
>

> --
list

> > --
> > This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L)
mailing
> > list
> >

> --
list