If not already mentioned - should never plug one UPS into a power supply fed by another UPS - can cause some strange electrical interference.
Just had a customer in hurricane area (s fla) put a natural gas generator fed by underground utility (not a tank) so as long as city utility pushing out the gas it will function.
Any UPS these days should be able to provide clean consistent power through surge, sag, brownout, and total outage. Many lower end units fail at least one of these events.
Plan for growth because of the above issue, you end up replacing units when maxed out, unless you deal with multiple units, with varying run times & loads, followed be uncoordinated shutdowns in a long outage (the recent S FLA outage when a nuclear plant taken offline - some areas out minutes, some many hours...
jim
---- Mike <koldark@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
A natural gas generator? I didn't know they existed. Not much you need to
worry about there in terms of disasters.