Object Type Owner % Size(1000k)
Last Changed Description
PSGRSP *USRSPC OSGGMMPD .15 733.2 02/13/08 *NOLIB
PSGRSP *USRSPC OSGGMMPD .15 733.2 02/23/08 *NOLIB
QT3REQIO *PGM QSYS .02 86.0 02/13/08 *NOLIB
QT3REQIO *PGM QSYS .02 86.0 02/19/08 *NOLIB

Above is a sample of some of the objects without libraries. RCLSTG ESTIMATE (*YES) is not available in V5R2 or am I looking at it wrong?

QRCLSTG dtaara exists, but contains no data.

Sherri

date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 10:13:37 -0600
from: CRPence <crp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: Objects not in a library

What objects, both Type and Name? What user owns those objects? The report from the following request will list the *NOLIBRARY objects first [after the *SYS portion of the report]:PRTDSKINF RPTTYPE(*LIB) OBJ(*ALL) SORT(*NAME) Please note that objects can and will be created and moved out of a library as part of normal processing; i.e. not just abnormal conditions. The RTVDSKINF would report normal transitions of such objects, as well as any abnormal cases. Large objects such as database files may be included in one report, but not the next, because in fact the object was since deleted or placed into a library. The request to RCLSTG SELECT(*ALL) OMIT(*DBXREF) ASPDEV(*SYSBAS) can be canceled. The request to RCLSTG ESTIMATE(*YES) may give sufficient information to decide how much time is required. Regards, Chuck-- All comments provided "as is" with no warranties of any kind whatsoever and may not represent positions, strategies, nor views of my employer Sherri Wilson wrote:> We have IPL'd at least three times since some of the objects are> showing their last change date. I am trying to avoid a rclstg> as I don't know how long it is going to take.>> Michael Ryan wrote:>> Basically, something went wrong at the OS level. Orphaned objects>> aren't common, but they happen. An IPL may take care of it; a RCLSTG>> almost certainly will. But Be Careful! A RCLSTG could take hours and>> hours in a restricted state. When was your last IPL?>> >> Sherri W.> wrote:>>> Does anyone know how objects can be left stranded without a library?>>> Also, how I can remove these objects from the system as they are>>> using approx. 500mb of space.>>>>>> I found them when I ran a disk space report, I suspect there could>>> be other objects not listed on this report that are also stranded>>> out there.