Booth,

I agree with you that we need ONE name. That has never been an issue. But,
the platform HAS been renamed. We cannot change that and we need to deal
with it. We should be making an effort to have IBM understand our position.
I, for one, am doing that on a regular basis.

I disagree with you about WHAT that name should be - I strongly believe it
should not be AS/400. I strongly believe it should not be the name of the
hardware. No matter what the name, it should not be something of the past. I
advocate using a name that is unique, creative, causes press on its own, and
brings everyone together. Certainly, i5/OS is unique. But until IBM decides
to change the name, i5/OS is the one we have. I say we use it, not because
it is the ~right~ name for everyone, but because it is the name the
vendor/supplier of the product has given us.

BTW, the System 1 joke is over now...

Trevor