From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Trevor Perry
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2008 12:38 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: IBM Technical Conference !!

Jon,

It does seem to be one conference, but not combined on the schedule. They
are listed as two separate "technical university" events on the
aforementioned: http://tinyurl.com/2egdlp

IBM POWER Systems Technical University featuring AIX and Linux
Chicago, Illinois, USA

IBM POWER Systems Technical University featuring i5/OS
Chicago, Illinois, USA

Same dates, same location, p gets 150 sessions, i gets 100... I wonder how
many overlap?

p: "The IBM POWER Systems Technical Conference featuring AIX and Linux is
the premiere POWER technical event for System p. You will be able to choose
from more than 150 sessions exploring the newest features and functions
through lectures, workshops and hands-on lab sessions. You will learn to
consolidate workloads onto a single, larger system to maximize the return on
your IT infrastructure. You will gain valuable insights into PowerVM?'s
capabilities and offerings that deliver industry-leading virtualization on
IBM POWER? processor-based systems."

i: "The IBM POWER Systems Technical University featuring i5/OS is the
premiere POWER technical event for System i. You will be able to choose from
more than 100 sessions exploring the newest features and functions through
lectures, workshops and hands-on lab sessions. Listen to IBM's top
developers talk you through the new features of i5/OS V6R1 and gain insights
into PowerVM?'s capabilities and offerings that deliver industry-leading
virtualization on IBM POWER? processor-based systems."

And I see they are hedging their bets by saying "featuring AIX and Linux"
and keeping "System p" in the description. Likewise, "i5/OS" and "System i".

Maybe they think those two regulars don't know enough about PowerVM? and
virtualization?? Sorry, industry-leading? virtualization?!
Trevor