Good decision... a console is too critical for IBM to not be supporting it.
The HMC was a little pricey to get into (for our basic needs of a network
based console without any LPAR needs, etc.), but i'm very glad we went the
route of the HMC.

"Lorne Sturgeoff"
<lsturgeoff@yahoo
.com> To
Sent by: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
midrange-l-bounce cc
s@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Thin console - Caution!
02/20/2008 08:56
AM

Please respond to
Midrange Systems
Technical
Discussion
<midrange-l@midra
nge.com>

We installed our 525 with a thin console last November. Periodically the
keyboard on the thin console would lock up with no apparent cause or
remedy.
Obviously not a desirable condition when doing work on the console. I
placed
a call to IBM Hardware Support last Friday only to be told that the thin
console is supported by Neoware. They gave me the email address of someone
at HP.COM and said I would be contacted by Neoware. That never happened.

I have since disconnected the thin console and set up a twinax console for
reliability. The thin console will be going back to IBM for a refund (it's
vastly overpriced). Not ready for prime time.

Lorne.