Thanks for the article. What happened in my meeting was even more involved than
I thought it would be. Kind of the way things are, I suppose.

Have not had time to read the article as yet. I do look forward to doing so.

John McKee

Quoting Elvis Budimlic <ebudimlic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

I won't advocate for either solution, but if you're curious about joined SQL
UPDATE syntax, take a look at the "Anatomy of a joined UPDATE" article on
page 9 in this Centerfield newsletter:

http://www.centerfieldtechnology.com/publications/archive%5CDecember%202006.
pdf

It should be enough to get you started.

Elvis

Celebrating 11-Years of SQL Performance Excellence on IBM i5/OS and OS/400
www.centerfieldtechnology.com