On Feb 13, 2008 11:45 AM, Pete Massiello <pmassiello-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I can't understand why everything is so hard for you? Is it the country or
your company? Maybe your interface into IBM or the person in your company
who interfaces to IBM. I would find out what the issue is and fix it.

I'm not a Marketing/Sales/Purchasing person, and as far as i know
ordering System i is completely different from System x Servers. IBM
doesn't have any Systems on stock, they're all BTO. Add special sales
processes like SBO etc., and it takes an awful lot of time to get
something even ordered. So in the end it usually takes 3-8 weeks to
get something delivered, sometimes even more.

Oh and beware if something is missing. In November, we ordered an LTO3
Tapedrive for a customer including cables. Tape drive shipped in the
beginning of December. Around the 28th, the cable was delivered. U320
Terminator and Wrap Plug were missing in both the tape box and the
cable box. Bought a terminator on our own. Was here the next day.
Installed it. Customer happy. Yesterday the customer received a
package from IBM with the missing terminator.

When i have to order System x servers, i logon to our local
distributors webpage, select a machine on stock, and it's here or at
the customer on the next day. No fuss. Works easy.

I ordered a 515 for a small company the other day, and it was at the company
8 days (calendar days not business days) afterwards.

Still a long time, but a lot better then the delivery times we have.

I know Rob works for a large company, but I don't think that is the issue.
I have large and small customers, and anything I order is shipped at the
same pace to any of them.

Well, we have had orders that were here in two weeks. But that's
seldom. We had other system orders that were delayed for weeks. Again,
Im not a Sales/Marketing/Purchasing person, but i do sometimes order
Intel hardware on my own. And i've always had the next-day shipping
experience.