First, forgive me if this needs to be posted elsewhere......

For many years, I have used HPTTOFLR to convert spool files to TIFFs and it
has worked very well.

HPTTOFLR writes the tiff to a folder in QDLS. I would really like to be
able to write to the IFS instead in order to remove the naming constraints
imposed by QDLS.

HPTTOFLR is a C program (never written a C program in my life!) and uses the
following HFS APIs -

QHFOPNSF (Open a stream file)
QHFWRTSF (Write to a stream file)
QHFCLOSF (Close a stream file)

It seems reasonable to me that I could use the Open, Write and Close APIs in
place of these.

Before embarking on this journey, I have a few questions -

1) Is this a reasonable thought?
2) Has anyone already done this?
3) Is there a better way to create TIFFs from a spool file?

Thanks,

Joe

p.s. In the absence of a better solution, I can always create the file in
QDLS with a dummy name and then copy it to the IFS with the desired name.