Rob - look what your previous comments triggered from someone's server when
I replied and quoted you!

(the ch**naman comment apparently)

**************** eManager Notification *****************

The following mail was blocked since it contains sensitive content.

Source mailbox: ChadB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Destination mailbox(es): Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Rule/Policy: Racial Discrimination
Action: Quarantine to C:\Program
Files\Trend\SMCF\Quarantine\2008-02-08\20\27\DFImessagebody47acbb41c61b.
tmp

Content filter has detected a racial discrimination sensitive e-mail.

******************* End of message *********************

Dublin Port Company
Port Centre, Alexandra Road, Dublin 1 (Registered Office)

Registered in Ireland with Limited Liability No. 262367
VAT No. IE8262367G

addressed. If you have received this email in error please advise the
sender immediately and delete this message. Any views or opinions
presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of Dublin Port Company or its associated companies
unless otherwise specifically stated. Thank you.

Visit Our Web Page <http://www.dublinport.ie>

Chad
Burrall/Systems/W
-N To
Midrange Systems Technical
02/08/2008 03:25 Discussion
PM <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: Mirroring Systems(Document
link: Chad Burrall)

We switch it every month for a half day (religiously) - the company has
done that for 10+ years. Sometimes for longer (during various upgrades,
etc.). It works like a charm and the trickiest part is switching users
over (which is not hard and just requires a well thought out and tested
procedure). I agree Rob... anyone running HA and 'relying' on it without
testing it frequently is just asking for trouble... why use it if you can't
trust it?!

rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent by:
midrange-l-bounce To
s@xxxxxxxxxxxx Midrange Systems Technical
Discussion
<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
02/08/2008 03:08 cc
PM
Subject
Re: Mirroring Systems
Please respond to
Midrange Systems
Technical
Discussion
<midrange-l@midra
nge.com>

We're using Mimix HA Lite. We do switchovers every 2 months. Doing one
tonight. Will switch back Sunday night.

Will take some care and feeding. Don't be like one lister I talk to off
list. He has Mimix and they have never done a switch over to test and
their offsite machine had a power outage and was down for weeks before
anyone noticed. They're in the medical industry. I am sure they don't
have a ************ chance of doing a successful switch.

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

"ron hawkins" <hwarangron@xxxxxxx>
02/08/2008 12:15 PM
Please respond to

<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Mirroring Systems

Hi All,

We are interested in buying a mirroring solution for our iSeries. We have
already contacted some of the providers and would like peoples opinions
about any that they are already using. We've heard the sales pitch, now we
would like to hear real stories, good or bad.

We have 1.4 Terabytes of data spread out across a couple of hundred
libraries. Around 1000 users.

We would welcome any comments.

Ron

list