"OLAP functions are enhanced"? Does that mean that there are OLAP functions available right now (v5r4)?

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Elvis Budimlic
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2008 12:49 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: V6R1

Besides a ton of other improvements to hardware, software & the OS, there
are number of improvements to DB2 that you'll get implicitly (i.e. you won't
know about them but things all of sudden run better/faster).

Some I like:

More queries are going SQE path now (NLS restriction lifted, UPPER/LOWER
restriction lifted, UDTF restriction lifted, QAQQINI defaults to
DERIVE_IGNORED_INDEX=*YES...).
Query optimizer is much better at self-learning (i.e. looks at actual
results and tweaks its access path accordingly - in other words less
emphasis on estimates and more on what's really happening).
Omnifind Text Search Server is in db2 now (for searching big word docs, xml
docs etc.), automatic hidden timestamps on the table (so you know when row
was changed without writing your own triggers or like), OLAP functions are
enhanced (ROLLUP, CUBE, Grouping Sets, Super Groups).

And a lot more!
Hint: I love DB2 if you haven't noticed :)

HTH, Elvis

Celebrating 11-Years of SQL Performance Excellence on IBM i5/OS and OS/400
www.centerfieldtechnology.com