Hi,

We have a tool in the TAA Productivity Tools package called RTVDLTRCD.

It saves the file to a save file in QTEMP, reads the save file looking for
deleted records and writes them to the same file name in a separate
library. You may optionally capture the relative record number. After
that, you do your own thing with them.

The tool has some restrictions (no variable length fields, no null fields,
and REUSEDLT(*NO). Obviously, you cannot have reorganized the file.

Al

Al Barsa, Jr.
Barsa Consulting Group, LLC

400>390

"i" comes before "p", "x" and "z"
e gads

Our system's had more names than Elizabeth Taylor!

914-251-1234
914-251-9406 fax

http://www.barsaconsulting.com
http://www.taatool.com
http://www.systemiconnection.com/

"DeLong, Eric"
<EDeLong@Sallybea
uty.com> To
Sent by: "Midrange Systems Technical
midrange-l-bounce Discussion"
s@xxxxxxxxxxxx <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

02/04/2008 10:59 Subject
AM RE: is there a way to recover
deleted records ?

Please respond to
Midrange Systems
Technical
Discussion
<midrange-l@midra
nge.com>

I seem to recall a thread awhile back that revealed that SQL DELETEs cannot
be undone. As I recall, when SQL deletes a row, the record gets
initialized.

http://archive.midrange.com/rpg400-l/200706/msg00495.html

Rereading this thread, it seems the scenario was inconclusive. Anyone know
for sure?

Eric