From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Pete Helgren
Sent: 31 January 2008 3:48 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: FW: lseek

Emmanuel,

You may want to take a look at Scott Klements tutorial on IFS. Plenty of examples on working with files and doing what you are attempting to do.

http://www.scottklement.com/rpg/ifs.html

Pete

Emmanuel Zannis wrote:
Hi list,
I am trying to update an ifs file by using the c function lseek() for positioning and then write() to update the ifs file. I had no success so far.
The program created a text file and get populated with "Hello World". After the file is populated then its closed. I re-open the file and read the contend of the file. I then attempt to change the read data by doing the lseek first and updating the file via write(). Any ideas on how to achieve that?
A list of the code is attached
Regards,
Emmanuel Zannis

Analyst/Programmer
HRG Spectrum Point
279 Farnborough Road
Farnborough Hampshire GU14 7NJ United Kingdom Telephone: +44 (0) 1252 881000 Ext 3262
Fax: +44 (0) 1252 518961
Email: Emmanuel.Zannis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Web: <blocked::http://www.hrgworldwide.com> www.hrgworldwide.com

HRG logo <http://www.hoggrobinson.co.uk/upload/files1/HRG_Email_Small.jpg> HRG (Hogg Robinson Group). The worldwide network that provides a range of corporate services which add real value to our clients' travel expenditure.