My thoughts on this run into the "What's in it for my company?". Don't
get me wrong - we have a blade center and another one to install (and,
damn, I've not see an electrical cord that big for computer equipment
outside of the Rochester Lab - and it takes two of those for the redundant
power supplies).

Our SAN is a 570. If I am going to run a power blade to get a separate
i5/os lpar, why wouldn't I just run it as one of the new virtual lpar's on
an existing lpar on the 570? Either way, I'm using the same SAN. Let's
face it, if the blade center has freaking huge power cables who wants to
cool that? We're already having to add an additional air conditioner.

So a small shop can run on a blade. However, does your average small shop
go out and purchase a SAN? Once again, they're probably better served
using the System i as their SAN.