To all,

First, sorry if this topic has been covered; I did not find the answer I
am looking for in the archives.

Prelude:

We have standardized template code that we use to build
pop-up windows for prompts. We had (for some reason) defined them with:

A DSPSIZ(27 132 *DS4
-

A 24 80 *DS3)

We use the DSPMOD(*DS3) keyword to trigger the window to be
viewed in 80 column mode.

The issue:

If we use this window in *DS3 mode from another screen in
*DS3 mode, the system still clears the underlying screen as though there
was no overlay, assume, etc or the window is to be shown in *DS4 mode.
However, if the window is used from a screen that is in *DS4 mode and
set the condition on DSPMOD(*DS3) appropriately, the window will overlay
the previous screen nicely.

Now, if we change the display size to:

A DSPSIZ(24 80 *DS3
-

A 27 132 *DS4)

and have DSPMOD(*DS4) the screens overlay correctly per the
mode they were activated for.

Here is code that represents the issue we are facing. Hopefully, I
copied the source in correctly.

http://code.midrange.com/06674c84fd.html (Program in *DS4 that calls
prompt windows to appear in *DS4)

http://code.midrange.com/9a23e4b734.html (Program in *DS3 that calls
prompt windows to appear in *DS3)

http://code.midrange.com/65d8243e66.html (Prompt window with primary
size at 132)

http://code.midrange.com/587347e264.html (Prompt window with primary
size at 80)

We have a solution, which is to always make *DS3 the primary size, but
__we are curious__ why the system clears the screen in *DS3 mode before
showing a window (w/ *DS4 as primary) in *DS3 mode and does not when the
primary is *DS3.

Thanks, Matt