For giving presentations about the System i, I agree with their sentiment. IBM support on the other hand, is supporting many releases of hardware and software, spanning all of the naming... and support is dealing with someone who is already a customer. Service providers are generally not presenting to potential customers of the System i family for which references to the /old names/ might hamper new sales.

As far as some comments about URLs... that is IMO mostly nonsense. Often URLs are complete gibberish, and mostly they are presented hidden under text references; do they really need to have the official product name to avoid ridicule? Regardless many of the URLs are available under multiple names, going to the same place; i.e. many /eserver/iseries/ are available directly, also as /systems/i/. And although it is frustrating that some links go dead, it is just as problematic for this topic, that some may remain valid, and thus continued to be used both in documents and existing web pages -- when a replacement exists where the /new name/ does appear. If they go to the same place, why waste the bandwidth to further bandy the renaming and remaining visualizations of the old names?

I can not believe I even participated in this discussion. I know better, because now I too have prolonged a discussion that could easily have remained a single posting; musings of one person's observations.

Regards, Chuck