Pat,

Just wondering... Do you have an exit point program for
PWRDWNSYS?

Regards,

Luis Rodriguez

--- midrange-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
------------------------------

message: 7
date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 12:28:40 -0800
from: Pat Barber <mboceanside@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Security Question

I had an interesting problem the other day and I was
wondering
how long this has been in place.

I told an system operator to power down the box and do a
restart.
He is enrolled as *sysopr. He could not.

He does not have the authority to even see the power menu
???

He could not execute the pwrdwnsys command ???

This is on a 525 running V5R4.

The authorties for that cmd are *USE for QSYSOPR

I will grant you we don't power down very often, but I
would
like the operator to be able to do that if neccessary.

Luis Rodriguez

IBM Certified Systems Expert
eServer i5 iSeries Technical Solutions

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs