Luis Colorado wrote:
Buck wrote:

just sharing that after a decade of looking at code generated applications, I'm very much convinced that it would have been much better to have been hand coded.
I disagree... I have done Synon since 1993 for more than 9 different companies in diverse industries, and the programs that typically caused more problems (e.g., abending in the middle of the night) were not Synon programs, but hand-coded programs. And that's not to mention the quality and the consistency of the Synon user interface over hand-code programs, plus the elegance and simplicity of this model-oriented tool. It's just sad that Synon got practically abandoned by its multiple owners.

I'm not bad mouthing the code itself. I liked Synon quite a lot and had no real complaints about the code it generated until I had to debug it :-) It gets hard to find the RTVOBJ you want when there are hundreds of them over the same file. Poor self-discipline causes problems for code generators as well as hand coders.
--buck