From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dan
Sent: Friday, December 28, 2007 12:37 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: WRKACTJOB still a resource pig?

On Dec 28, 2007 12:25 PM, DeLong, Eric <EDeLong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have little to offer in the way of hard answers to your question,
but I
seriously doubt that, on an i5, you would see performance degrade
simply
because WRKACTJOB is running. Perhaps your admin needs to use the
performance monitoring tools in Management Central to pin down what's
really
going on....

See, this is the thing, there's really nothing that's "going on". The
system's performance is fine 99% of the time. And, when it isn't, it's
readily apparent that a big production job or two or three is taking a
lot
of the resources. To this low-level admin, the sight of WRKACTJOB
showing
up on his radar is cause alone to sound the alarms. Yesterday, he
outright
canceled my job without warning! I've already cc'd his boss and his
boss's
boss on the initial email, and I'm preparing another response, to which
hope to include some wisdom from this esteemed group.

- Dan