I think you're on the right track. I remember hearing what you remember
also. But the question is Why was it a resource hog? Was it memory, cpu,
background tracking logging to disk, what?

Keep in mind that WRKACTJOB doesn't show you many performance metrics.
Like, there may be numerous system "tasks" that eat cpu but will not show
up on WRKACTJOB. These are easier seen using monitors in iNav's
Management Central. Don't know if one of these tasks may be associated
with a particular job that fires up WRKACTJOB.

What are you using WRKACTJOB job for? To see if a job, or jobs, are stuck
in MSGW in QBATCH? If so, then will WRKSBSJOB QBATCH work for you and get
Mordac off of your back?

You might even be able to create a monitor in iNav to email you if a job
is stuck in MSGW.