even if the program has a display file it CAN be made to run in
batch...just condition the open of the file and the output opcodes(i.e.
exfmt) for it

Thanks,
Tommy Holden

vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxx
12/27/2007 11:18 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
RE:Interactive vs. Batch

We still do not know why they have to be interactive? Is there a display
file used? Then you can't call them in a batch environment - period. (Yeah
I know - things can be done with the display APIs! but not going there)

Again, what problem are you trying to solve?

And you could retrieve job attributes even in an RPG - but it might be
through an API or else call a CL to run the RTVJOBA

Regards
Vern

From: Nick Franco <franco.nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Actually, no. The programs in question are RPGs that I am putting a CL
over. They can only be run interactively, so there is no RTVJOBA
command.
Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Nick Franco

I'm assuming the program you're calling is a CL program. It probably
retrieves the job attributes to determine whether it is running >in an
interactive or a batch environment. If you can do a RTVCLSRC of this
program, you could comment out the RTVJOBA >command and recompile the
program in another library. Then when you run in batch, be sure that
library is ahead of the original >library in the job library list.

Nick Franco wrote:
I have an interesting problem. We have several programs that are
written
to be executed in an interactive environment. >>Here is the catch. I am
trying to execute them from either an FTP session from a server using
rcmd
or using a java >>command from the software on the server (EXTOL EBI).
The
AS400 sees these jobs as being run in a batch environment. >>Is there a
way to trick the AS400 into thinking these are being run interactively?
Changing the programs themselves is not >>an option at this point. If I
can put a CL around it that can change the way the system sees it, I can

do that. HELP!

Nick Franco