Hi Joe,

That's not a book, it's a powerpoint presentation. It appears to be a Korean translation of a presentation that was originally in English and given by Guy Vig at COMMON and many other user groups.

Guy used some of my code as a sample. That code was originally published here:
http://www.iseriesnetwork.com/iSNblogs/iSpeak/archives/2005/04/pointers_in_cl.html

And then it was published here (requires a membership to System iNetwork, though, a free "Associate" membership will work:
http://www.systeminetwork.com/article.cfm?id=51899

Also, there were some bugs in the new CL compiler that caused sporadic MCH3601 errors. You'll want to make sure you have the following PTFs (or those that supercede them) installed for your CL compiler:

SI28247
SI28196
SI27953

After installing these PTFs, you have to re-compile your program to get the benefit of the PTFs (they fix the compiler that generates the CL code, but you have to re-compile -- that is, re-generate the code -- for your programs to be updated.)

Good luck

Joe Wells wrote:
Does anyone know if an English version of this book is available?

http://www-903.ibm.com/kr/event/download/20060907_systemi/systemi_03.pdf

I have searched, but am missing it if one exists. I am particularly
interested in Scott Kelement's example on page 68, however, the line that
reads "DCL VAR(&DIRENT) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(796) +" appears to missing some of
the specs.

Thanks,

Joe Wells