On 12/18/07, Dean Boyle <dean.boyle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
Has anyone got any experience with Fiber Ethernet IOAs? I've got a customer
who has purchased a #5700 Ethernet IOA for each of their 2 systems and they
would like to connect the 2 systems together using these Fiber connections.
Can Fiber be run between the 2 systems to connect the systems together (ie.
cross over type connection) or have both systems got to be connected via a
suitable switch? I think the Ethernet line decriptions have to be created
with 1GB speed and full deplex settings.

I have no experience with the specific adapters, but ethernet over
fibre comes with two plugs (of varying form factors, sometimes stuck
together, depending on the cable and plug type) - one receive and one
send. You can cross them out manually, no need for a Switch.