OK, I found that and it makes sense. Properties show that the "real" server is \\10.133.22.51\EMPLOYEE$\... (does not show me the entire Path). WRKLNK does not list the IP address of this server so I added it manually with MKDIR ('QNTC\10.133.22.51') but still no luck getting to the files. I also tried a MKDIR ('\QNTC\10.133.22.51\EMPLOYEE$') but got an Object not found error. Odd thing, DNS resolves this IP address to file-employee.pct.edu and wrklnk shows file-employee but does not show any directories under it. I am fairly sure that the file servers are in a cluster, think that might be getting in the way? Or could it be that "$" in the directory path?

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Lukas Beeler
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2007 2:56 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Using IFS to access Windows DFS volumes

On 12/12/07, Mike Cunningham <mcunning@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Anyone have any clues?

DFS Links are resolved using SMB/CIFS Client Logic. As such, the
server isn't involved much to what share the client connects. Behind
each linked DFS Folder, there is a real server with a real share. This
real server with the real share can be accessed by the System i, but
you'll have to resolve the DFS reference manually. Note that this one
might change, as such you'll have to keep track of where the folder
points.

Manually resolving a DFS reference is easy: just right click on the
folder, select properties, then select the DFS Tab. You'll see which
servers host the folder you want to access.

It should look like this:

http://projectdream.org/~lb/dfs-tab.jpg

Here you can see the servers hosting the share, with it's sharename -
in our case the servers friday and thursday, with the share named
dataline on both.

--
Read my blog at http://projectdream.org