From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Evan Harris
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2007 4:31 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: Setting up TCPIP on new i5

Hi Brad

What cables do you have plugged in?

Are you using LAN Console with a direct cable to the LAN Console
or is there
a switch in between ?

I think you'll find two ports on the back of the box T5 and T6. T5 is
probably the port being used for LAN Console. You'll need to
cable the other
port to a switch or whatever to connect to your network. The Ethernet line
won't come up if it isn't cabled to something.

You can match the T5 & T6 ports to the hardware resource names
using SST (I
usually go through: work with hardware->packaging and resources
and click on
the CEC fram to work out the port/resource name combintaionis.

Once you have the cable in the box and know which port/resource combo you
need then CRTLINETH with the right resource. After that CFGTCP, create
interface, route etc etc.

Regards
Evan Harris