Yup,

We do the same thing using Cognos Impromptu

Kevin Brake, MSSE
Applications and Business Analyst - Enterprise Solutions
Information & Technology Services
City of Goodyear
190 N. Litchfield Rd.
Goodyear, AZ 85338
623-882-7857
623-882-7858 (Fax)
kevin.brake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Wilt, Charles"
<WiltC@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: "Midrange Systems Technical
midrange-l-bounce Discussion"
s@xxxxxxxxxxxx <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

12/11/2007 01:15 Subject
PM RE: Where do I get drivers to allow
a GIS software package

Please respond to
Midrange Systems
Technical
Discussion
<midrange-l@midra
nge.com>

Yep....as long as you're using the MSQuery part of Excel to get the data.

Data transfer refers to the "Data transfer from iSeries Server" and "Data
transfer to iSeries Server"
utilities found in Programs-->IBM iSeries Access for Windows.

**NOTE**: the licensed data transfer utilities can also be invoked via the
Excel add in "iSeries
Access Data Transfer" and are shown on the Excel data menu as "Data
transfer from iSeries..." and
"Data transfer to iSeries..."

So you can't use them without a license, even thought they may show on the
Excel menu.

But you can install the ODBC driver and in Excel do Data->Import External
Data-->New Database Query
and pull all the data you want to your hearts content without a license.

In Access, you can import tables or link to tables using ODBC all without a
license.

HTH,
Charles