Same here, Francis. I hadn't thought about that particular need (knowing which database/schema). In my case, all I care about is being able to query the world - which obviously started in 2002 for us!

By the way, just to give credit (belatedly) where credit is due, I got this method from this list; in particular Scott Klement [ who woulda guessed .-) ]

* Jerry C. Adams
*IBM System i Programmer/Analyst
B&W Wholesale Distributors, Inc.* *
voice
615.995.7024
fax
615.995.1201
email
jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Francis Lapeyre wrote:
Interesting. We had to do it that way because we needed to determine which
database the record came from. I just ass-u-me-d you had to have different
formats. Live and learn.