I notice the field is 159B, not 159I? Would that make a difference I
wonder?

Yes, if there are more than 999,999,999 records in the physical file.
If you define your fields as B(Binary) it will be converted into a packed
field that cannot hold the possible range.
That means in your definition the maximum records will be 999,999,999 if
your file has more records your program will fail with something like this:
"Receiver Variable too small ...". If the field is defined as (I) integer,
it will not be converted into a packed fied and can hold the complete range
from -2.1 Billion to +2.1 Billion. But also Integer is not the best
definition, using U (unsigned integer will be a better solution. Maximum
number of columns a physical file can hold is 4.2 Billion records (or 1.7
Tera Byte), which is the maximum value of 10U 0 (or in your cas 156 159U
0).

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Birgitta Hauser

Brown)