I realize that SQL has no concept of physical file members, but I figured that I could add members (ADDPFM) to a table that was created by DDL. When I tried to do that, I got an error that the table already had the maximum number of members allowed by the MAXMBRS parameter.

Not being daunted by this minor setback, I went to the CHGPF command to change the MAXMBRS. But it failed with error message CPD3213:

Message . . . . : Maximum-member value not valid for file PRICEN. Cause . . . . . : File PRICEN in library PROJ171 is either a Structured Query Language (SQL) table, view or index, or a non-SQL file that is an SQL
materialized query table or is in SQL data base PROJ171. SQL tables, views, and indexes, and non-SQL files that are an SQL materialized query table or are in an SQL data base must have only one member; however, the value that you specified on the maximum number of members (MAXMBRS) parameter is either a number greater than one or *NOMAX.

So it appears that, if I want/need 2-n members in a table, I still have to use DDS. Right? Or is there a work around?

Thanks.