I would be surprised if IBM ever offered this functionality. Right now you
can use SVN for RPG through circumstance and inheritance (iSeries Projects
are a subset of an eclipse project which can be SVN'd using Subclipse). IBM
would more than likely say "there are vendors for that, and we aren't going
to be stepping on their feet."

And even if IBM did offer it, I can bet it wouldn't just be built with one
thought in mind and would most likely have to cover a variety of needs, and
thus would be more generic than we would like.

I could however see alphaworks/developerworks putting something like this
together.

The simple fact of the matter is this (in my mind at least). IBM has
provided all the necessary exit points and resources we need to create it
ourselves (triggers, Java environment, IFS environment, SSL environment, job
scheduling, etc). And in reality there isn't a lot that needs to be done -
I would consider it a 40 to 50 hour project to get an entry level automated
"source backup/committer" programmed. Richard has already demonstrated some
of the simplicity by downloading and trying it yesterday. How long did that
take Richard? Less than 1hr?

Besides, there's too much fun to be had putting all the pieces together! :-)

Thoughts?
Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com

Listening to www.pandora.com today with a song list seeded with "Something