Eric,

Thanks for the link.

Walden,
Thanks for your answer. Don't know about any particular
weed, but I don't remember anything about SETOBJACC being
deprecated. In fact, I worked as a consultant for a
customer who liked to use SETOBJACC for their ennding of
month processes. Thay had this iSeries with LOTS of memory
and if the pools we were only a little out of memory
everything went down the drain.

Elvis, this is a small 520, but I'll check your idea for
the smaller files. Thanks.

Thanks to all,

Luis

--- midrange-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

------------------------------

message: 4
date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 16:31:37 -0600
from: "DeLong, Eric" <EDeLong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: RE: Improving SQL Update perfomance

I'd be surprised to hear that.... Perhaps you're
thinking of Expert Cache, which manages storage pool
paging (*CALC in the stoarge pool paging option).....
Here's an article I found:

http://www.itjungle.com/fhg/fhg121306-story03.html

Eric