Good one Adam.

Jerry

Adam Driver wrote:
Hi Angus,

If Paul's suggestion below does not help, I came across something very
obscure one day that causes 5250 timeouts. Is there a Cisco VPN client on
the PC at all? If you launch the client, under the Options menu you'll find
Stateful Firewall (Always On). If this is ticked it will cause 5250
timeouts even if the VPN client is not running.

Drove me insane for about two months once until I worked this out! Hope it
helps.

Thanks

Adam Driver
Technical Consultant
Managed Services | iSeries Technical Services | KAZ Group Pty Ltd
Level 5, 66 Wentworth Ave | Surry Hills NSW 2010
(02) 9844 0386 | 0438 279 478 | Fax: (02) 9844 0299
adam.driver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx | www.kaz-group.com

message: 1
date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 14:19:55 +0000
from: "Angus MacQueen" <amacqueen@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: 5250 Problem

I have a user who's iSeries Access green screen repeatedly times out every
15 minutes or so. He's in an office with a bunch of other users none of
whom
experience the same problem. He was on V5R1 client which I have now
upgraded
to V5R3 to no avail and I've also modified the config file for timing out &
still no joy. What's curious is that this only happens on our LAN, from
home
over a VPN he doesn't experience the same problem.

I've checked the respective system values and it's not that.

Any input would be much appreciated

------------------------------

message: 2
date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 08:29:20 -0600
from: "Paul Nelson" <nelsonp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: RE: 5250 Problem

Is he using the same PC at home?

Open up his .ws file and make sure he has a KeepAlive=Y statement in the
TN5250 section

Paul Nelson
Cell 708-670-6978
Office 512-392-2577
nelsonp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

This communication may contain confidential information and/or copyright material of KAZ Group Pty Ltd ABN 25 002 124 405 and its related bodies corporate. It may also be the subject of legal professional privilege. If you are not an intended recipient, you must not keep, forward, copy, use, save or rely on this communication and any such action is unauthorised and prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please reply to this e-mail to notify the sender of its incorrect delivery, and then delete both it and your reply.