I think you are being foolish, that's what I think Joe. You want Nathan and
I to believe something that you yourself haven't even proven outside of some
basic testing. To say that EGL will be good simply because its based on JSP
Model 2 is silly. We could draw the same conclusion for every other J2EE
framework out there, but that would be just as incorrect as the lines you
are drawing. To say that EGL is good based on your testing with the IBM
team is silly, we all know things done during testing are often different
when they hit the production floor.

Hell, there are clients running code I wrote 20 years ago. What code were
you writing 20 years ago, Aaron?

I've hardly been alive for 20 years, much less been coding for 20 years :-)
Nor do I wish to see who can pee the farthest. Like I said in my last
email, I DO have a fair amount of experience with the same underlying
technologies you are attempting to use. I also disclosed what I did with
the technologies WASN'T mission critical (read, I cut corners here and
there). But then again you haven't written anything mission critical with
EGL/JSF either, so I guess we are kinda in the same boat, eh? JSF and JSP
Model2 are not the same when you enter a project to build an application.
To put it simply, JSF slaps on a lot of additional coding that both helps
and hinders. Heck, for that matter, it is recommended that you DON'T have
JSF and JSP tags on the same page because the results will be unpredictable
during the rendering process. I know your answer will be "In EGL you
wouldn't ever do that." - well, I disagree, you will need to "hack" at some
point, but you will only be convinced of that once you actually come across
the need.

So go ahead, diss me again, baby. Make my day <grin>.

It is never my intent to "diss" anybody on this list. Was my last comment
meant to be humerous, yes - all business right? I have seen your JSP Model
2 code (you came onsite to my previous employer, remember?). Very nice, and
fast, framework - btw, I have some suggestions for it if you have the time
someday. I have no doubt that you will be able to accomplish the same with
EGL, but I am guessing it will take some custom component/framework writing
to accomplish that base on my experience.

Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com