Joe, notice that I did included the words "current retail" in my post. If
you want it today that is what you pay. :)
I recently received a quote for SWMA renewal and it included a separate line
item for RBDe from passport advantage. The amount was prorated but if
extended it came out to $300/yr per seat which is 20% of the $1500 purchase
price. This is another area of pricing that System i shops will have to get
accustomed to with this new granular model. As you know from prior posts, I
am in total agreement with you on the pricing model needed for RBDe to get
any consideration in most System i shops. On a positive note, I heard from
Jon Sayles that the last RBDe technical workshop was dominated by System i
folks. The class was full and 80% of the participants came from System i
shops! Next time we chat I'm going to ask what
verticals were represented; I'm guessing primarily insurance and banking.

The fact that RBDe is being made a standalone product is good news. One of
my main concerns with embracing RBDe has been the inability of WDSC to keep
up to date with releases of RAD. I think the recent jump of WDSC from
7.0.0.2 directly to 7.0.0.4 might have been in response to System i
folks complaining about the inability to use the latest version of
RBDe because the then current version of WDSC didn't have the underlying
requisite features of RAD. I'm anxiously awaiting 7.1 to see if the ability
to generate an eclipse based rich client interface a la Notes 8.0and
Symphony have made it into the product yet. Any news?

Regards,

BJ