From: midrange-l-bounces+larry.ketzes=aig.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces+larry.ketzes=aig.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Scott Klement
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2007 2:05 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Fall Common Event

I actually feel the opposite of what Mary says. I prefer a smaller,
more intimate event. Events like RPG & DB2 Summit or RPG World tend to
have fewer people, fewer instructors, etc. With 100-150 people, you get
to know the other attendees a little better, and I find that improves
the camaraderie. Some of the LUG events fall into this category as well.

I suspect that the COMMON Focus event would have a similar effect,
though I didn't participate this time around, so I can't say for certain.

With the great big events, like COMMON's annual conference, there's a
much wider range of topics to learn about, and you get to hear from the
"big guys" (like Mark Shearer, etc) -- and these are good things -- but
I don't find the camaraderie to be as strong.

Kern, Mary T wrote:
While the attendee count has nothing to do with the quality of the
educational offerings, it does add to the excitement and camaraderie.
If 2 educational opportunities were present and one had twice as many
attendees, I would probably pick the larger one ... Assuming the
content was similar in quality and value.