Hi, James:

To my knowledge, the only way you can have IFS stream files in an ASP other than the system ASP is to create a "user defined file system" which creates a block special file (*BLKSF) in the selected ASP, then you mount this UDFS and any stream files or directories created within the directory subtree under the point at which it is mounted exist within that ASP. (At least, that's how I understood it works.)

Here is text from the V5R2 InfoCenter:

-CRTUDFS--UDFS(--/'file-system-path-name'/--)------------------->

UDFS

Specifies the path name of the file system to be created. Start of
changeIt must be in one of the following two forms:

* //dev/QASPXX/udfsname.udfs/, where /XX/ is one of the valid
system or basic user auxiliary storage pool (ASP) numbers on
the system, and /udfsname/ is the name of the user-defined
file system. All other parts of the name must appear as in the
example above.
* //dev/aspname/udfsname.udfs/, where /aspname/ is one of the
valid independent ASP names on the system, and /udfsname/ is
the name of the user-defined file system. All other parts of
the name must appear as in the example above.

The name part of the path must be unique within the specified
/QASPXX/ or /aspname/ directory. End of change

HTH,

Mark

> James Lampert wrote:
Pete Massiello wrote:
DSPOBJD *ALL/*ALL *ALL to an outfile and then select the ASP you want. Its
easy.

Hmm. And since I'm fairly certain we don't have any cases of "library in ASP 1 but contents in ASP 2" (I don't even recall what that was, other than something to do with journal receivers), we only have to list the libraries.

Thanks. I didn't even get bitten.

But I think there may be some IFS stuff in there, too. Is there an easy way to find out what IFS directories are in ASP 2.

** Many years ago, we had a problem with QuestView either being unable to run outside the system ASP, or unable to access files in user ASPs. It's been so long that all I remember about it was that I fixed it, that it was a pain in the butt to set up a user ASP just for the sake of testing, and that there were lots of "snakebite" puns floating around the office, including the problem's semi-official nickname.