From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Aaron Bartell
Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2007 8:19 AM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: Calling all math wizards

I have been working on a random number generator this week for a client. My
solution centered around needing to deeplink into a RPG CGI program without
passing predictable business data on the url (i.e. PF key fields) but
instead keep it obscure by giving a url like
http://company.com/cgi-bin/vieword?guid=39281739472394827. I then use an
"association" table to relate the GUID to an order id. The code I use to
generate the random number is below. <disclaimer>Note that this code is
still in development and hasn't been fully tested.</disclaimer> I posted
this code because you could change the parm list to pass a field by
reference vs. pass-back-parm and then front-end with a SQL External Stored
Procedure (to adhere to your SQL solution need).

HTH,
Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com

P Rater_genRandom...