Rich,

Ok, I followed your email to the "t", and guess what? It worked!!!!!!!!
Thanks. I don't remember if I did the dtaara thing yesterday, can't
remember for sure. But thanks again to you and to a number of other's who
have been helping me with this. My system is purring along .9% now!

Thanks to all,

Jim Waymire

I would repeat the entire process that I told you about yesterday. Make
sure you are set to allow relay *LIST. Shut down SMTP. Build the data area
with the letter C in it. Then, before you restart SMTP, end the MSF and
restart it using the *CLEAR option .... then restart SMTP.

Someone is sending email through your system. If that activity is
infrequent, then SMTP should be running at 0%. That is what it looks like
on my system and I use it as my primary outbound mail server.

If this problem persists, then someone else has set up relay permission on
your system or there is email activity going on that you are not aware of.
The relay instructions are stored in a file named QATMADRLST in the QUSRSYS
library. There are several members, but the accept relay records are stored
in the member named ACCEPTRLY. As long as SMTP is set to *LIST, then only
those systems shown in this member should be allowed to pass email through
your system.

Rich