The good news is that there is a weekend coming up, so with guidance from here, you know what to do when everyone is off the system. The bad news is that there won't be any time off for you & anyone helping you do the fixing. You might ask management if they can spare any helper to come on the system Sunday afternoon to run normal systems, that you not familiar with, to see if it all fixed by then. Don't expect any help, but it is worth asking.

You also might touch base with your tech support place, to make sure they are available to you, in case you run into difficulties over the weekend.

Some tasks need a restricted system, and you don't know how long they will take, so you might send out a notification that the system may not be available to people over the weekend, while you work on trying to repair the damage.

If you were to attempt a backup, the failure messages would identify all of the damaged objects, impractical to get whole story while people using the system, but you can get some to work on. The nature of the damage is such that the indexes may be messed up. It might be practical to recompile a logical, and leave the physical alone.

Hi all.

Yesterday a cable came loose at the data center that hosts our System i
(iSeries 81) server. The server went down hard. After it came back up, a
damaged object kept item verification from working properly. This
morning, users are reporting other bizarre behavior on our system. With
our System i administrator out for several weeks, is there anything a
programmer can do to identify damaged objects while users are doing
their normal work?

Thanks in advance,
Roger Mackie