Different Mark (if you were referring to me) I never blamed IBM, and didn;t
mean to come across as poor me I can't, I could. And I agree the priority
is not there.

Again, maybe the wrong "Mark" on some of these but I'll adress jsut to make
my position known.

1. a native GUI would be nice but it ain;t gonna happen and thats' not a
"killer" to me, there is more than one way to skin a cat, the tool depends
on the size of the cat, and what you are gonna use the skin for.

2. I've probably spent on the average 15 additional over and above my
"required" 40 hrs every week researching ways to "modernize" (GUI only a
part of that) our apps, trying new ideas (PHP, IBM Director, Iseries Access
for the Web, etc.)

3. Beleive me nobody preaches the System i more than me and the business
analyst in our department. Even gotten "some" people to ask "Why aren't we
doing this on the System i?" and all I can do is say that's the decision of
those who control the $. The CFO has admitted that the IT dept has gotten
the short end of the budget and he wants to change that. That may happen it
may not but I'll keep on my soapbox regardless.

4. Working on that.......

5. Almost got the CFO there (and last weeks SQL server debacle can only
help)

6. My curent boss doesn't have a clue as to what tools I use everyday so I
can do that.

7,8 and 9. In process